Several people have approached me lately that they are considering adoption. Adoption is my favorite subject!!! I would just say to anyone out there if you've ever even had the slightest tug on your heart to adopt to give a tug back on that thread. Just take a first step to find out about it... talk to someone who's adopted, go to an informational meeting at an agency, or adoption association, just do something to find out more. For me it is the greatest thing I've ever done, and I would encourage anyone else to at least consider it. Yes, there are scary things (which is true with pregnancy as well), but that is where faith & trust come in. You just have to take that first step out into the great unknown...
“When you come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unkonwn, Faith is knowing one of two things will happen: either there will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly."
-Patrick Overter
I don't know if Mr. Overter was a Christian or not, but I think there is so much truth in that quote. God will make a bridge appear, or he will give you wings.... either way you're going to be okay, and have an amazing story to tell!!
The journey to bring Madalynn home is one I cherish... all the highs & lows. God revealed so much of His character to me, about how I can trust Him, and that He will provide in the big AND small things. I am thankful for every step. I know there are still mountains ahead, but this process has given me a foundation for whatever Madalynn & I will face in the future.
I borrowed this from another adoptive Mom's blog because I just loved it. If you can relate to ANY of these things I would again encourage you to tug that thread & see what happens... the reward will be great!!
Priceless...You know you are an adoptive mother (or you should be!) if:
1. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has ever made you lose sleep.
2. You realize DNA has nothing to do with love and family.
3. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
4. The fact that if 7% of Christians adopted 1 child, there would be no orphans in the world is convicting to you.
5. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
6. It drives you crazy when people ask you about your adopted child's "real" parents.
7. You have ever been "pregnant" with your adoptive child longer than it takes an elephant to give birth (2 years!)
8. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway knowing where God calls you He will provide.
9. You have ever taken a airplane ride half way around the world with a child you just met.
10. You believe God's heart is for adoption.
11. You realize that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacy's you could ever leave on this earth.
12. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the blessed one to have them in your life.
13. You know what the word Dossier means and you can actually pronounce it!
14. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
15. You know full well that the journey of your child coming into your family is one of the most wonderful, miraculous things that has ever happened to you.



No comments:
Post a Comment