Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Autumnal Update #2....

Still loving fall here in New England... the leaves are actually beginning to fade unfortunately (BTW, the title of this post is for Karla as I know how much she loves the word autumnal... :-).

I feel so blessed that this is the view out my back windows...

IMGP1714 IMGP1716

My dear friend Sunny, and her husband Matthew are back in New England for a visit, and are staying in the chaos that is my house these days.  It's so great to see them again.  Sunny & I met 9 years ago at church, and hung out for the year she lived here in Boston, and have remained friends ever since.  She married Matthew 5 years ago, and this is the 2nd time I've been able to meet him, and love spending time with both of them, and wish they lived closer.  Hopefully they'll let me snap a pic for the blog before they head back to California (right before the snow comes... yes I said snow... we have flurries predicted for Wednesday).

Madalynn has moved into a big girl car seat.  Mommy held out as long as she could, but it was time.  I thought she'd be so excited & happy to be facing forward, but she didn't seem all that impressed... she's like her Mommy... not big on change....

IMGP1717

She also has a new favorite toy...the SWIFFER.... she loves it.  I took the top 2 sections off so it's her height (and she won't take my eye out), and she goes to town.... in some of these pics you can see the Swiffer is blurry as she was moving it so fast... she's going to be a great help with the hardwood floors....

IMGP1732

IMGP1740

IMGP1746

 

Sadly... the Red Sox season is over... I think this picture sums up the feeling of Red Sox nation...

IMGP1729

And lastly, before the season completely disappears I made some apple crisp for my guests Sunny & Matthew... yummmmm....

IMGP1750

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only are you a good photographer... but a good cook! That apple crisp looks great!

KSL64 said...

Hey Terri, thank for the swiffer idea. Once Sophia gets walking a bit better (she's just learning) I'll have to give her mine. Karen