Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

Politics

I hate politics... most people I meet already have very strong feelings one way or the other, and not much you say will sway them.... the beliefs are so deeply rooted.  I stay informed, and try to stay balanced so I can make an educated decision.

Because of this I stay away from discussing politics on this blog, as I don't want to alienate family, and friends who may differ from my point of view.

HOWEVER, I am breaking my own rule (sort of... I'm still not going to state a position), but I can't stand how ugly this election has become. 

It's not just ugly, it's out & out hatred!!!  

I just don't get it, and it scares me.  The only thing I can think of is it's spiritual.

The only other thing I will say on this topic is to educate yourself... evaluate what are your biggest issues... the economy? the war on terror?  social issues?  Whatever it is, find out where the candidates REALLY stand, not just what their rhetoric says, and vote accordingly.  Don't vote with emotion.

A couple years ago there was a gubenatorial race here in Massachusetts, and one of the candidates had an ad with a woman at one of his rallies saying "I feel hopeful again... for the first time in a long time".  My response to that is if you're putting your hope in a politician on either side of the aisle you are sure to be disappointed.

1 comment: