Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Referralversary

One of the MANY things I love about adoption is all the special dates involved in the process, that are remembered year after year.  When your on the journey to bring your child home you have steps outlined for you that you know need to happen before he/she can come home (this is based on my knowledge of a Guatemala adoption, others of course may differ).  Anyway you live for that next step to be completed, so once it is the day sticks with you.

Today is one of those days.  Two years ago today I received a call from my caseworker saying "Terri, I have a baby girl I'd like to tell you about".  I'm tearing again just typing that, and remembering all the details of that phone call.  I officially began the paperwork in January 2007, was on the waiting list as of May 2007, and 12 weeks, 5 days later I got 'The Call'.  (If you want a synopsis history of 'the call' see THIS POST).  I'm still amazed that day there was a rainbow... God keeps his promises.  I still think so often of her birthmother, and wonder how often she thinks of Madalynn.  I pray she knows how much she is loved, and I wish I could thank her for this most precious gift.

Referral picture 2007

Madalynn3

Madalynn8

2008...She still wears these PJ's...

IMGP1347

IMGP1377

2009... we were puppysitting for Ga-Ga & Grandpa & I put the puppy in Madalynn's crib with her... she thought that was pretty awesome.

I know this picture is blurry but it sooooo captures their relationship, they are such great buddies.

IMGP3541

IMGP3538

4 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Happy Referal-versary!! One of the best days of my life too!!! Ours will be three years next may.

Mama Bear said...

Ahhh, I soooo loved that picture of the puppy in the crib with the princess. Sooooo cute. I love seeing referral pictures as they just take your breath away. How time flies by, sigh,
Happy referral versary :-)
Rhonda

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

What a wonderful memory of a wonderful day to cherish!! My heart is so happy for you right now :)

Anonymous said...

I remember that post!!! Such a happy day!