Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Version of Camping...

Madalynn & I just got back from a week in the White Mountains of New Hampshire with the rest of my family.  It was a great week, even with the moments of drama that are to be expected.

Driving around there seems to be a breathtaking view around every corner... unbelievable sites...

 

My Mom was upset w/ me for taking these shots while driving...Trust me I was much more focused on the road than my camera... I just held it up & clicked.

IMGP8381

IMGP8382

IMGP8396

We went to Storyland an adorable amusement park... complete with a Cinderella's castle.

 IMGP8408

Can you tell which one is "The Wild Thing"?

IMGP8410

Doing "Chooo-Chooo" on the train ride...

IMGP8415

IMGP8420

IMGP8522

Having fun on the teacups!!

IMGP8547

On the drive back to the house from Storyland... we saw 3 bear cubs & their Mama... they were sooooo cute.  My camera was in the way back of the car, and I was NOT getting out to get it, but it was amazing to see...

Having fun at the lake... This lake had a great view of "Cathedral Ledge"... which was a straight drop off granite ledge (which I can't believe I don't have a picture of)... there were people rock climbing on it... crazy!!

IMGP8550

IMGP8552

Then we drove up to Cathedral Ledge to see the view...Grandpa brought her a little too close to the edge for me... My heart was palpitating!!

IMGP8566

 

IMGP8575

The next day we went waterfall hunting...

IMGP8587

IMGP8605

IMGP8609

Madalynn & I decided that waterfall hiking wasn't really for us, so we left everyone & went into town for some shopping...We went to an old country store with some penny candy, and then found a playground... she was a happy girl...

IMGP8623

IMGP8634

IMGP8636

Then to cap off our girly shopping, playground day... we hit the cupcake bakery!!

IMGP8640

IMGP8641

Then we discovered a covered bridge on the way home...Madalynn LOVED the covered bridges...

IMGP8650

IMGP8677

The next day we took the N. Conway scenic railway... Madalynn was soooo excited to take a train ride...they said "All Aboard", and the conductor said "Tickets Please", and punched them... it was such a great experience.

IMGP8626

 IMGP8707

IMGP8679

She was so proud of her ticket...

IMGP8685

We were right behind the engine so the whistle was quite loud... Before we went on the train she asked me if she could blow the whistle...

IMGP8702

What's vacation without ice cream??

 IMGP8738

My parents, Madalynn & I drove up the White Mountains to the Mt Washington Hotel & Resort...so beautiful...

IMGP8756

IMGP8758

IMGP8759

IMGP8767

IMGP8772

IMGP8775

 IMGP8787

IMGP8794

I love this sign!!  It came true for us as we drove out of the White Mountains yesterday...

IMGP8709

IMGP8803

IMGP8804

This was a baby... we kept our distance in case Mama was in the area...they can be dangerous animals.


Tomorrow is back to reality... siiighh...

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a perfect getaway! Those are the kind of vacations I love. I love the mountains to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
(the cupcakes looked super yummy!)

KSL64 said...

What gorgeous pictures! Sophia looked at the photos with me and she saw the cupcake and said "YUMMY with sprinkles!"

She was also intrigued by the "scary guy" and asked if Madalyn was ok.

I'm sure we'll be back to look again later.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation up here in my neck of the woods, ha ha! :) LOVE that pic of Madalynn bolting across the covered bridge- so cute! Say hello to your folks for me, too, ok?

For some strange reason Blogger wasn't let me comment when I first read the birthday post...and here I am waaaaay later finally responding (I know, I should have just fb'ed!)- you did a great job! I'm sure Madalynn felt truly special on her special day!