My poor neglected blog… I’ve missed the entire month of May with you… sorry friend. In some ways it’s because there isn’t much to post, in other ways it’s because we have some big changes coming, and I’m just not sure I’m ready to put them ‘out’ there just yet…
So, in no particular order (although probably chronological as I do have to have some sort of order to stream my thoughts together)…
I could definitely get used to this life of a stay-at- home Mom… the freedom, flexibility, and time spent with Madalynn I am loving!! But, since the bills need to be paid… I have been accepted at a school in Kentucky to earn my master’s in social work. My goal is to work in the adoption/orphan care field… it has become my life’s passion. Soooo… I’m getting ready to put the house on the market, and hopefully move there this fall. I know the housing market is a mess right now, but I just keep saying “God is bigger than the housing market”.
I’m realizing that the definition of spring now has a new meaning here in New England… spring is now a long, nasty winter that holds on until the end of May with rain, dreary, and temps in the 40’s (sometimes we’re lucky enough to break 50), and then BOOM one day the hazy, humid, hot days of summer are here. That’s what happened this past week… we had a horrible spring after a tough winter, and then all of a sudden we’re hitting 90.
Although I’ve lived in this town for 4 1/2 years, and prior to that lived in the neighboring town for 4+ years I just this month discovered a great little park around the corner from our house… complete with a duck pond, and playground! How I have missed this little jewel all these years I’ll never know… Madalynn is in heaven when we go (and asks daily if we can)… she gets to feed the ducks AND swing!! She loves to run up the geese, and ROAR….
In bigger news… my brother graduated from Boston College with his MBA… we’re all so proud of him, as he got this degree while working full-time (sometimes with a few part time jobs thrown in), and raising three kids (including coaching their athletic teams, and volunteering for the PTO at their school).
Yesterday was Memorial Day, and we did our family tradition of going back to our hometown to watch the parade, then a cookout at my parents house, and then a dip in the pool at my brother’s house. I really want Madalynn to grow up understanding this day as a balance of solemnity (is that a word), that we pause to remember those who’ve given their lives for our freedoms, while at the same time celebrating those freedoms. I think the parade, memorial service at the cemetery, followed by time with family achieves that nice balance.
She was a bit frightened of the musket shots so she held tight to Grandpa.
We hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day too… bring on SUMMER!!!!



1 comment:
YEAH!!! I'm so glad you're back. I was getting ready to e-mail you to make sure everything was ok. Madalynn is as cute as ever and your photos are always great. I hope everything goes smoothly with selling your house. Let me know when you get to KY and maybe Sophia and I can come visit. It's not that far away from St. Louis and we love staying at hotels!
Post a Comment