It was one year ago today that I held Madalynn in my arms for the first time.
All the memories from this trip are so fresh, and vivid... I can recall many details with minimal effort. This was my blog entry from our trip. Reading it again makes me teary still.
We weren't in our hotel room very long before the call came to come down to the meeting room where Madalynn was. I walked into that room, and just started sobbing. All the wishing, hoping, and praying was in that moment fullfilled... I'm even teary now writing it.
Madalynn is a darling baby. She makes wonderful little noises almost all the time, and being a neurotic first time Mom this reassures me in the night that I know she is still breathing.
I can remember this tiny hot crowded room in a side hallway off the lobby where families were meeting, giving back, or taking home forever their babies.
She slept quite a bit (and thankfully still does). I just fell in love with her.
Of course giving her back to her foster mother was heart wrenching, and I couldn't even look at her picture for days after coming home.
Now, I'm here a year later with this bright, goofy girl fillng my life with such love, and joy that is beyond what I had hoped for or imagined.
I feel blessed.
This is my attempt today of a self portrait photo session...



No comments:
Post a Comment