Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Ice...

Brrrrr... we got hit with a major ice storm last Thursday night, and the town where I live was one of the hardest hit. Some roads are still nearly unpassable, and I'm without power going on day 5 tomorrow.

Thankfully, my parents power was turned back on about an hour ago, so Madalynn & I are cozy, warm tonight at their house. My brother & his family are still without power as well.

Oyyyy... Once I get powered back up (they're telling me by Saturday), I'll post some pics. Last Thursday night I could just hear trees, and branches crumbling all around my house... I moved to the living room couch lest one crash into my bedroom. Thankfully none did.

Madalynn has been a trooper, seeing as how we've slept in 4 different places these last nights, and traveled around the state to relatives who have power. She really has adjusted quite well.

Saturday night when my Dad & I were assembling the port-a-crib, I told her to enjoy it as this was the closest she'd ever get to camping. :-)

I do miss my routine (I'm a routine person who likes my roots, and to be home), hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

3 comments:

KSL64 said...

Terri,

I understand the sound of limbs breaking through the night. Two years ago we had a severe ice storm in St. Louis and I laid in bed listening to limbs falling and even a few transformers blowing. I was only out of power for two days. I stayed home the first night but moved to my bosses house (he was in Hawaii for a week) for the second night as my house was too cold. Glad to hear Madalynn is doing well with it all.

Karen

Esther said...

OMG, what a nightmare you are living. I am praying for you guys to get power back asap. Thank God your parents finally have it back so you can feel like you are semi-home bound. Are you able to go to work? Love you guys, E

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!! How terrible! I hope you get power soon! i cant even imagine how cold it is there!