Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Living Life on Pause...

I'm powered back up!!!  Whoo-Hooo!!!  I have my Christmas lights on, my heat on, I cooked dinner tonight, and can hear the gentle hum of my fridge... life is good.

It did feel like the last 5 days were living life on pause.  Trying to decide from day to day where the warmest place to sleep was going to be, driving all over the state, packing, unpacking, and re-packing.  Almost doing a 360 on a highway when I saw Starbucks had power back, and I could get my fix!!

We celebrated my niece's 10th birthday party on Sunday at my brothers house w/ no power, and about a 40 degree house.  My brother however was able to GRILL the lasagna my Mom had made the weekend before.  It was delicious.  You get quite creative in these situations.

All the plans I had for last weekend to prepare for Christmas didn't happen so I'm way behind getting ready for Madalynn's first Christmas home.  I hope I can catch up this weekend...  although, we're forecasted to get a foot of snow on Friday, and another storm on Sunday night into Monday....oyyyy. 

I know this Christmas WILL come, and Madalynn IS here whether or not I get Christmas cookies made, cards mailed on time, the house 'company' clean, or a few extra things for Madalynn's stocking.  None of that really matters when I compare it to having my baby girl home.

God is good.

These are some pics from the storm... they don't really do it justice.

IMGP1927

IMGP1929

This is the grass... total craziness...

IMGP1935

IMGP1931

IMGP1936

IMGP1937

 IMGP1947 IMGP1939

IMGP1942

IMGP1944

IMGP1945

 If you look closely at the picture below you can see the branch tangled in the wires.  This was Sunday, and the first day these branches & lines weren't still ice covered, and as of Sunday they power company, and/or city hadn't touched this road.

 

IMGP1948

If you look close in this picture to the left you can see the huge branch just crushing the power line... this was also taken Sunday, same street that hadn't been touched yet.

IMGP1949

IMGP1952

IMGP1955

3 comments:

KSL64 said...

Terri,

As I mentioned in your first storm posting, St. Louis had one of these in the recent past. Actually we had two within two months. Anyway, I understand what you said about the pictures - I tried to take some and it just doesn't do justice. I actually thought it was beautiful seeing the ice on the trees, especially when the sun was shining through them.

Glad to hear you are "up and running".

Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!!! I couldn't stand it! I would never leave the house!

The picture are awesome though!

Arena Mom said...

I just found you blog, and WOW! Those ice pictures are amazing!!!