Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year

We had no plans for New Year's Eve which was actually fine with me.  I dream of one day having a husband, and several kids that we can hunker down on New Year's Eve, make popcorn, watch movies, play games, and ring in the New Year.  However, for right now a quiet night was fine.  My Mom called me though to see if Madalynn & I wanted to come over, and spend the night with them & the cousins.  I debated for a long time as it was so last minute, and I'd have to pack up all our stuff, not to mention not getting a good nights sleep.  In the end I decided that Madalynn, and my nieces & nephew didn't have that many New Years that they'd want to ring in with their family.  I'm so glad we did it.  No, I didn't get a good nights sleep, but we had such fun.  Particularly New Year morning around the breakfast table, and then sledding outside.  Just laughing, and having a great time being together.  Grandpa even got in on the sledding fun.

IMGP5156

IMGP5152

I've never been one to make resolutions, I always tended to get more reflective around my birthday vs New Year.  This year is different.  Perhaps it's the change to a new decade or my post- Christmas funk (I'm so sad it's over this year).  Whatever the reason I'm going to focus on some goals (not resolutions).

My 2 big ones are to get more organized... life, home, finances, etc, and to purge things I don't need!!!  Secondly is to be a more patient, and kind Mom (I will not pray for patience though...I've explained my reasons for not praying for patience previously... basically it's because God teaches you patience He doesn't give it you).  I will pray for wisdom in raising my high spirit, highly CURIOUS, high climbing, countertop reaching, cabinet scaling daughter.  I need wisdom to keep her high spirit in healthy boundaries without crushing it.  Her spirit is a gift, and at the core of who she is, and I adore it about her, and know it will be her greatest strength as she grows. 

IMGP5159 

Happy 2010 everyone!!!  Be blessed.

 

No comments: