I can't believe we're halfway through August... how did THAT happen? Time is going too fast. I was laying with Madalynn tonight before she fell asleep just wishing she could stay like this forever... 3 is such a fun age.
Last week we went blueberry picking...it was an adventure to say the least, and one we won't be repeating next year. My first clue was when driving there, and we ran out of road... for awhile... a long while. I was thinking no one is ever going to see us again! Also, Madalynn did NOT have the attention span for blueberry picking... we did get a bucket almost 1/2 full, I was hoping to have a freezer full to last the winter... not quite.
Doesn't she look thrilled?
She was pretty excited we found a ladybug...
Then on Saturday we went to the beach w/ my brother & his family... it was a little chilly, but we still had a great time...
Then today we went to a local fair... it wasn't worth the price of admission, but Madalynn had fun seeing the animals, and it was a gorgeous day, and something different to do... Madalynn got her face painted... I'm not sure why it was painted on her arm...
Then we went out for ice cream... the hand on the hip kills me...
Then today I took Madalynn out for a photo shoot... I'm looking for opportunities to get more practice with my camera so I bribed her into modeling... still not REAL cooperative but better than usual. The bribe was I'd let her take pictures when we're done. I wish I hadn't dressed her in white though against the white building...
She began gathering sticks at the same point she was asking me "Mommy do you know how to get home?"... perhaps she was gathering firewood in case I couldn't get us back home.
I love her expression in this one...
I did some editing on the one below...



4 comments:
terr, these are so great! don't you just love the old shirley common?? i especially love the one of madalynn where you are looking down at her, she is showing her dimple in a fantastic smile, and your slant is perfect! that is my fave! :) great work, girls! (the subjects work hard, too!)
Such a great pictures as always! I would love to go blueberry picking! I would want to fill up the freezer too.
Terri,
I just love seeing a new post on your forum. You take such wonderful pictures and you and Madalynn do such fun things together. If/when we get together I definitely want to have you take some photos of Sophia. I can't believe you had Madalynn in a white dress to go blueberry picking. I'm also glad to hear you love three. Sophia has been a wonderful two but everyone says three is the worst. She turns three in two weeks so you helped calm my nerves a bit.
Karen
PS - I agree - how can it be August 15 already?
SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Do you have a Nikon? I love mine but am feeling more than a little incompetent since I cannot figure out most of the manual settings and such. I hear Canons are easier for the non-tech minded....any thoughts?
Post a Comment