Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Just Living Life...

This weekend was rainy & raw in New England, so Saturday was a cozy day at home with Madalynn & I... just hanging out. She is crawling all over, and now really picks up steam when she sees something she wants. She also will now hug a stuffed animal if prompted. It is so sweet. She was holding her classic Pooh bear, and I took him, and gave him a hug, and said 'Aww... hug Pooh', and handed him back to her, she put her little arms, tiny chubby hands around him, and rested her chin on top of her head, and gave him a squeeze. Too much cuteness for Mommy.

Then Sunday we went to the nursing home to celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday!! It was a very nice day for Grandma Betty. While we were there my nieces Kassie & Jessica taught Madalynn how to clap.


I'm seeing great signs in her attachment. When she first came home, and I would hold her front to front, she would always arch her back, and her legs would curl back too, away from me. Gradually she stopped doing this (almost without me noticing), and now she will form to me Just within the last week when she's really tired she'll snuggle her head on my shoulder. I love it.

Here are just some random pictures. They convince Mommy it's time for a new camera. My film camera has hit the skids, and I've even sent it out to be repaired with no success. Yes, I still shoot film and will be dragged into the digital age kicking & screaming. I LOOOVE film, I know film, I get how to manipulate film... digital not so much. I did buy a point & shoot digital a few years ago just so I would have a small camera to carry when I go out, etc, but I've always hated it. Most pics I've put on my blog have been from that camera, or my Mom's digital camera. However, I think it's time to get the big guns with a digital SLR that I can use all my fun lenses with, and get back to shooting pictures I can be proud of.


I would open this up to suggestions of which digital SLR to purchase as I know photographers are loyal to their brands. That said, I am no exception, and will be sticking with Pentax. I've always loved my Pentax, and I'll be able to use all those fun lenses with it. Now, if I could just find a store that carries Pentax...
You can see her new rug in this picture that I picked up last weekend. Every time her cousins came over they told me that she needed a rug to go over the hardwood in her bedroom. Apparently this is one of those deep philosophical truths that only kids know because they told me EVERYTIME they came over. After we got it put down Madalynn wasn't too sure. She'd sit there, and didn't want to put her hands on it. She'd start to lean forward to crawl, and just couldn't put her hands down... it was so funny. Then she'd just sort of tap it with her open palm. Which is funny because she always loves touching & feeling new textures.
Okay, Mommy... I'm bored with the camera... I'll see you later.
Hanging out with Grandpa before the party... don't worry Grandpa... I have a pretty dress to wear... these are just my sweats.
Notice Madalynn's Buddah Belly!!!
I can't believe tomorrow is 8 weeks we've been home, and 9 weeks we've been Mommy & baby girl. I keep telling people that this is better than I imagined it would be.

I know several families through my agency in particular that are still in process anxiously waiting for their little ones to come home to their forever family. Please keep these families & their adoption cases in your prayers if you think of it. Living in that time is like being a state of suspended animation.

I've also just heard that Vietnam will be closing to adoptions in September. This just saddens me so much as it seems as if adoptions are getting more difficult. It disheartens me when I hear of any country closing or increasing adoption restricitions. I know God holds each of these precious little ones in the palm of His hand, but they need forever earthly families too.

No comments: