Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two Milestones

Today marks two milestones for Madalynn & I.

The first is it was 1 year ago that I got the phone call from my agency saying we were ‘OUT’ of PGN.  For those of you familiar with Guatemala adoptions you know how big that is.  It essentially meant the piece of the adoption to bring Madalynn home on the Guatemalan side was done, in the eyes of the Guautemalan government we were officially mother & daughter.  I’m sure as time goes by, dates like this will fade from my memory, but as this is the first year Madalynn & I walk together since her homecoming, I find all these dates still fresh.

Secondly, my baby girl is 18 months old today.  She’s doing so many new things… running, and climbing.  Imaginative play with dolls, and stuffed animals.  Her language seems to have hit fast forward mode, and has many new words,  most recently…

  • Buh-bye’ said with a sweet southern accent (not sure where that comes from).
  • ‘Peese’ for please.
  • ‘Gaz’ for Curious George
  • ‘Where go?’ (with her hands held up for Where’d he/she/it go?")

So many others, I’m forgetting at the moment.  She has a very silly side that is becoming more & more animated everyday.

No comments: