Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

About a Mom...

Tomorrow I celebrate my 2nd mother's day... I can't believe it.  It was 2 years ago this weekend I got the call that I was 'paper-ready', and officially on the waiting list for a baby girl.  One year ago I celebrated my first mother's day with my daughter.  I feel so blessed.

Again this year her birthmother is heavy on my heart.  I think of her daily.  I pray she has peace with her decision, and somehow knows that Madalynn is healthy, and with a loving family that includes dotting grandparents, crazy cousins, and an aunt & uncle who adore her.  Not to mention a Mom who is beyond crazy about her.  I want her to know that in the gift of Madalynn she has given my life a joy that was missing before.

I also want to offer a special prayer or remembrance for all women who have a "Mom" heart but that dream remains unfulfilled.  This day can be bittersweet.  Also, Mom's who are grieving the loss of a child,  or have a child with a chronic illness.  I pray an extra special blessing to you this day.

I felt like I should give Madalynn something as a thank you for making me a Mom.  So, this year I've started a tradition of having a Mommy & me  day on Mother's Day weekend.  Just her & I doing something fun & different... I'll try to post pictures of our outing later.

Happy Mother's Day !!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day!!!!

Mama Bear said...

What a great post, you are a wonderful person and she is truly beautiful.

Happy Mother's Day.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Enjoy your special day!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see the pics :)