Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

YIKES... Purge...

I just checked, and I have 56 blogs in my 'favorites' list. FIFTY-SIX!!!! No, I don't check all of them everyday, I know the ones that update regularly, and check those each day, but the others I might pop in once a week. I'm sure 6 of those have been added in the last month (thanks to the Nester tour of homes).

In my effort to simplify & organize my life in general, I am going to cut that list more than in half, so I have 25. I'm going to give myself one week to purge. Additionally, I have them all under my favorites as 'Adoption Blogs', that was true when I started blog hopping, I loved following all the adoption journeys of others. Thankfully, now all those babies are home with their forever families. I've also added many blogs that had nothing to do with adoption, so I'm going to try to re-organize into categories too. I'll let you know.

I'll start by any that haven't posted in over a year, some of those are my favorite blogs, and I've held on to them hoping the blogger would come back, however, I think after a year it's time to move on (or try to find them on facebook).

I'll update in a couple days, and let you know how it goes...How about you? How many blogs do you follow? Do you check them daily, weekly, monthly, use a feed service (which I've never been able to figure out). Do you think it's time to purge? Leave a comment & let me know, or if you just want to say 56... Terri, that's insane... get off the computer!!!, say it... I can take it.

2 comments:

amy said...

OK, this is sad-I am getting ready to do the same thing-and my google reader is up to 193. Again, a lot of them I do not read regularly, and they do not post regularly, but even that clutter is getting me crazy!

KSL64 said...

"56... Terri, that's insane... Get off the computer!!!" :-)

I just went over my limit of 4 and now have 6. I only check the original 4 daily (if I get on the computer which I usually do).

Just kidding. If that is your entertainment go for it!

Karen