Just like that it’s all over. I feel like the only grown-up I know who is sad Christmas is over. So many of my friends have said it was great, but “I’m glad it’s over”. Weeks, and months leading up to it, and it’s over in a flash. This year I may a bit more disappointed it’s over as I came down with bronchitis, and was quite sick Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. I took very few pictures.
Madalynn was so much fun this year. Seeing her excitement, and joy when she came into the living room was priceless. She was so excited over every little thing. My anticipation of being able to spend the weekend playing with her & her toys didn’t come to fruition because of how I was feeling, but we had some great cozy moments, and watched “Toy Story 3” more times than I can count (and I cried at the end EVERY time). Several times after Christmas she would just come up to me at random moments, and throw her arms around me and say “Ohhh Mommy, what a wonderful Christmas!!”.
One of her favorite gifts was a ladybug pillow pet from my parents… Oh my gosh… she loves it… I don’t think it’s left her side. My Mom picked it up the day after Thanksgiving when we were shopping at Target. She stuck it in the carriage behind something large when Madalynn wasn’t looking. When we got to the check out my Mom snuck it to the cashier, and asked her to ring it up discreetly, to which Madalynn replied “That’s my pillow pet”, she doesn’t miss anything. Fortunately, Christmas Eve she didn’t seem to remember that.
Also a big hit was a stuffed dog from my parents…
Christmas morning before she came in to see… My parents got her the dollhouse…
We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!



2 comments:
Looks like a fun Christmas. I agree, it's so fun having a three year old. Sophia was so excited by everything - although a bit concerned that Santa was going to come into her room while she was sleeping. Funny the things they worry about.
Happy New Year!
Karen
Oh, I'm so sorry you were under the weather for Christmas Terri Anne. I hope you're feeling better now...Madalynn gets sweeter and cuter every day- you're such a wonderful Mom!
Post a Comment