Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 31, 2008

Home 3 weeks!!

Baby girl has been in my arms for 4 weeks, and home for 3 weeks!!! Whoo-Hooo!!! (2 more weeks until Mommy goes back to work booo-hooooo).


Anyway, in my 4 weeks of being a full-time Mom I have the following questions;


Why am I doing more laundry for myself? I always knew being a new Mom would mean a lot more laundry, but I always assumed it would be HER laundry, I'm trying to figure out why I'm going through more clothes for myself.

Why are my hands so dry? I've always been a compulsive hand washer, and would maybe apply lotion once a day, but now I keep lotion EVERYWHERE, and will hunt for it if unseen. Currently on my bathroom vanity there are 3 tubes of Crabtree & Evelyn hand therapy (10 points if you can guess what scents they are; hint 2 are the same).


Will I ever carry a purse again? I LOOOOVE purses, more than shoes. I haven't carried a purse since Madalynn was placed in my arms. My purse has been replaced with an enormous bag filled with bottles, diapers, wipes, and rattles, granted it's a fabulous Vera Bradley bag that my Mom got a great deal on, but it's not a purse.


When did I become a member of the WWE?? I never imagined a 17lb/ 8 month old baby could wrestle soooooo much. As a new WWE member what should my professional name be? (10 points for coming up with something fun).



When did I stop wearing lipstick, and start wearing chapstick? (I know the answer to this one... I don't like to kiss Madalynn's sweet face when I have glitterly lipstick/gloss on, so I just wear chapstick... most of you who know me well are probably the most surprised by this one).


Why can I not seem to get myself in the shower before noontime?


When did I learn to fall asleep to the buzzing hum of a monitor? And, when did I learn to jump up at the slightest sound on that monitor?


When did my heart start walking around outside of me, and take up residence in this almost toothless grinned, wild haired girl?





I LOOOOVE all of it!!!






1 comment:

Sharon said...

I can totally relate to everything you have posted. Please, please know that it is HARD to get out of the door before 10 am with a baby and every single one of us who has one can relate to this. You are not alone in your noontime showers, my friend. Also, after sleeping with the moniter on for so many months now, I find that I cannot fall asleep, even for a nap, without it. Especially now because I run a sound machine in Bella's room, so I hear it through the moniter and it puts me right to sleep! Isn't motherhood just amazing? You summed it up beautifully.